Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Backstory

I had read and greatly enjoyed Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy a couple years earlier. The follow-up books by other (I would say lesser) authors did not impress me. So being a dumb arrogant kid, I decided I would take matters into my own hands.

The result is this novella. As the title suggests, it's about a return to Luke Skywalker's home planet of Tatooine for him and the whole gang. The primary purpose really was to hook up him and Mara Jade, which had been thwarted in the official follow-up books. (This was rectified two years later by Mr. Zahn, who got things back on the right track with his Hand of Thrawn series.)

A special note is that this was written before the bloody awful prequels so if some of the continuity doesn't jive with that it's because they didn't exist yet--and we were all better off.

Please enjoy "Star Wars: Return to Tatooine..."

No comments: